Let's start with things you'll have more to time to think about once you use the rest of the list...
- Airforable - Think of it as payment plans for airfare.
- AirB&B - The best place to find unique and authentic places to stay when you travel. You can book experiences now too.
- SheReadsTruth - A beautifully designed Bible plan and reading app.
- Blinkist - Audio versions of non-fiction books BUT made into bite sized smaller cliff note versions. It's claim to fame? To give the main highlight key concepts on books in about 15 minutes worth of listening.
Website platforms + eCommerce
- *Wordpress.org - Website builder and blog with templates available.
- *HostGator - Hosting for your WordPress website.
- Woocommerce - Amazing e-commerce system that integrates with a ton of website and email platforms.
- Wix - Drag and drop website builder with templates. Looking for template for bomb premade template for Wix? Check out BLCKPRNT
- SquareSpace - Premade website templates and e-commerce options.
- Big Cartel - Sell your products online
- Etsy - Sell your products online - mostly arts and handmade based community.
- *Stornvy - Sell your products online.
- Shopify - Sell your products online.
Graphics + Video
- Adobe Cloud - Photoshop + InDesign will always be invaluable, plus learning them gives you a serious skillset boost.
- *Canva - Image editing with templates available. Honestly, this can easily take over Photoshop. You can also access and edit your designs on your iPhone or iPad. Canva for Work has a lot to offer if you choose the upgrade option.
- *PicMonkey - Image editing, don't sleep on this one. I've used it for years along Photoshop. Does way more than you realize.
- Ribbet - VERY similar to PicMonkey in terms of functionality.
- LucidPress - Template for printed materials, perfect for content upgrades. Definitely a legit InDesign alternative.
- *VSCO - Best picture editing app, doesn't look tacky or fake. Tip - Maintain a signature filter to add consistency to your feeds.
- WordSwag - Quote graphic options you can create right on your phone.
Email Marketing + Business + Content Management Systems:
- MailChimp - Email automation
- *ConvertKit - Email automation
- Leadpages - Lead captures and opt in forms.
- Ontraport - Email automation, sales platform, content delivery + more. THIS changed the game for me.
- Infusionsoft - Email automation, sales platform, content delivery + more.
- SamCart - Similar to Ontraport + InfusionSoft, a great alternative.
- 17 Hats - Business Managment
- Satori - Scheduling, sales and management for coaching based businesses.
- GetDPD - Digital project delivery.
Produce the things you want to create
- CreativeMarket - The holy grail of templtes, designs and other graphic goodness. Like Etsy for graphics.
- PrintAura - OnDemand printing for custom t-shirts, mugs, and other items.
- *Printful - OnDemand printing for custom t-shirts, mugs, and other items.
- CreateSpace - OnDemand printing for books, links to Amazon if needed.
- PrintNinja - Book Publishing
- GlowForge - 3D Printer with limitless possibilties for the makers out there.
- Blurb - Book Publishing
- *CoSchedule - Complete social media marketing planner + automation. My favorite by far.
- Tailwind - Pinterest + Instagram ( soon ) marketing app.
- Sumall - Social media analytics.
- *Later - Instagram planning app. I love this one.
- Hootsuite - Social media scheduling + automation.
- Buffer - Social media scheduling + automation
- SumoMe - Content marketing and opt-in optimizer platform.
Content Creation + Learning Management Systems
- *Soundtrap - one of the best options I've seen for podcast recording/editing. Visually a lot nicer and easier to use than the others. My favorite by far.
- Filmora - Very user friendly video editing + creation desktop software. Allows for on screen recording and voiceovers too. Check our their YouTube channel for great tutorials.
- Animoto - Drag + drop video editing and creation.
- Ripl - An app that animates social media graphics.
- SoundEngine - Podcast hosting, one of the best.
- TwistedWave - Podcast editing.
- Opinion - iPhone app. A very simple way to record and edit podcast audio.
- Teachable - A platform to host your courses and teaching content on.
- *Thinkific - A platform to host your courses and teaching content on.
- *ClipChamp - A video recording and editing platform. Offers more than you realize for a decent monthly expense.
Organizing projects + making the tedious stuff easier.
- Fiverr - THIS. When you need help with a task but don't have a huge budget, Fiverr saves the day for real. I've used them to translate a book into kindle format, transcribe audio posts, proofread content, format a WordPress template... you name it, they offer it. Don't sleep on em, read peoples reviews and start outsourcing some of the tedious stuff.
- *Evernote - Great note taking and note sharing system for collaboration and work chats.
- *Typeform - Create online digital forms that others digital fillout and send back to you. Game Changer!
- *Scanbot - Turn your phone into a scanner. Create PDF's from your pictures that you send from your phone. So easy.
- GSuite - No matter who you get your email through, you can make your @yourdomain.com email look like Gmail with GSuite. Also great for storing documents and images you use for your business through Google Drive.
- Calendly - Avoid the back and forth emails about what time works best for everyone. This lets you set up availability and allows the other person to choose from those times.
- *Acuity Scheduling - Avoid the back and forth emails about what time works best for everyone. This lets you set up availability and allows the other person to choose from those times. Check out their paid programs that offer payment processing and many other features that makes Acuity more valuable than you'd realize.
- *Asana - Great team project management. Lets your keep all the emails, images, and attachments all in one spot for everyone to view. Can assign deadlines and tasks.
- Slack - Great team project management, similar to Asana, also a good place to host a community.
- FreePDFConvert - THIS is one of those things that until you need it, you don't realize how priceless it is. It can convert PDF's into Word documents, images, and more. It can also join together files or multiple PDF files together into one. If you create content, you'll most likely use this at least once.
- PostImage - Get the html, direct url and other code for images for free.
- PDF Joiner - Combine different parts or version of PDF's into one or multiple PDF documents. Great for combing and/or pulling out certain portions of your content.
- QuickBooks - Handles all your accounting.
- PaySimple - Payment processing option. Great for subscription or recurring billing.
- Moonclerk - Payment processing option. Great for subscription or recurring billing.
Equipment to create with:
While facing a window or any natural light source will always give you the best light, here are some other affordable options to help you start building your kits.
- Ring Light - Dimmable
Mid-Range Budget Option
Splurge Budget Option
Softboxes + Lighting Kits
Mid-Range Budget Option
Splurge Budget Option
*Mid-Range Budget Option
Splurge Budget Option
- Tripods + Remotes + Adapters
- *GOAT case - A phone case that sticks to any surface instantly allowing you to film.
- *Gorilla Pod - The most adaptable tripod out there, perfect for travel and everything else, I use this all the time.
- *iPad/Tablet Tripod Adapter - When you want any tripod to hold your iPad. Perfect for recording video calls, streaming and recording.
- *iPhone/SmartPhone Tripod Adapter - When you want any tripod to hold your
smartphone. Perfect for video calls, streaming and recording.
- *Bluetooth remote for devices- This will let you use the tripod and your devices and take your own pictures from afar.